Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Don't Forget To Pick Up This Sunday's Paper 1/1/2012

If you are new to couponing this is a good week to start!  In this coming Sunday's paper there should be at least three inserts.

There will be one Proctor and Gamble, one Smart Source and one Red Plum.  There may be an additional Smart Source insert as well in some areas. 

One time saver I have discovered after months of couponing is to keep my inserts intact instead of clipping them and filing them individually by category.  I write the date on the front page of each insert and then place them in a sheet protector in my binder.  


When I am ready to plan my shopping trip, I get my sale papers and circle the items I am going to buy.  I then go to the coupon database and search for the products I have selected.  Using the coupon database, I can quickly determine if a coupon is available.  I locate which insert the coupon I am looking for is in, turn to it in my binder, find the coupon and clip it at that time.  If I do not find a coupon in the database available, I go to the printable coupons online and see if there is anything for the product I am looking for.

I don't usually take my binder shopping, only the coupons that I am using for that trip.  I typically place my coupons for my individual trip in a regular envelope to carry into the store with me and I also take the ad with my chosen items circled. 

This is just a quick run through of a normal planning and shopping scenario!  I hope it will give you a place to start!



4 comments:

  1. This is the same process I use and it works wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Natalie, after spending hours each week clipping them and then having to file them, I have realized how much easier this method is! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was wondering if you
    knew of any database
    or websites for the
    el paso texas area?.
    looking into starting
    to use coupons and
    looking for resources..
    would appreciate any feedback
    TIA(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Gabbi, I am sorry I don't! I am sorry! I know it is frustrating to not be able to find one in your area....that is why I started this one! :) Good luck! If I run across one in the future I will be sure and post it!

    ReplyDelete